When I need to laugh I watch:
- Sandra Bullock: Among my favorites are While You Were Sleeping and the Miss Congeniality movies. I'd like to add The Heat to my video library because I laughed myself silly when I saw it.
- Meg Ryan: French Kiss (with Kevin Kline) and Kate & Leopold (with Hugh Jackman)
- Drew Barrymore: Wedding Singer (with Adam Sandler) and Music & Lyrics (with Hugh Grant).
If I need to laugh and cry:
- PS I Love You (Hilary Swank, Gerard Butler)
- Hope Floats (Sandra Bullock, Harry Connick, Jr)
- Stepmom (Julia Roberts, Susan Sarandon)
- Steel Magnolias (Julia Roberts, Sally Field, Shirley MacLaine, Dolly Parton) switches from laughter to tears and back to laughter so swiftly I can barely catch my breath.
And if I just need to be swept away by the power of love in a historical background:
- Titanic (Kate Winslet, Leonardo diCaprio)
- Last of the Mohicans (Daniel Day-Lewis, Madeline Stowe)
- Beauty & the Beast (Disney)
How about you? What are you go-to movies for a rainy day?