To be honest, Toby isn't all that inspiring. He's more of a nuisance, especially when it comes to insisting on making my desk his favorite snoozing spot. (That's a 22 inch monitor.) Having his furry, gray, and tubby body covering the space needed for notes isn't all that entertaining, although I do get some exercise lifting him him down from the top of my desk to plop him back on the floor...about every five minutes. Humorous? Maybe. In the beginning. Until he decided my desk was his spot, not my working space. Stretched out, he's nearly three feet from head to end of tail, and even though I've created a desk that is almost 9 feet long, to hold drawers, two desk lamps, a phone, dictionary & synonym book, a printer, several three-ring binders and other smaller items that keep finding their way to my desk, he's pushing his luck. And he's not my cat! He belongs to my youngest daughter.
So what do I have in my writing space that inspires, entertains, or humors me?
- The poster board needed to create a vision board. However, it's still blank after two or three months and still not on the wall.
- Four 6 1/2" X 8 1/2" plaques, two of chairs on the beach, two of seashells, that I bought because they're calming and inspiring. They aren't on the wall yet, either.
- A collection of family photos, waiting to be mounted in frames.
- 12 framed covers of my published books, also waiting to be hung on the wall.
- Miscellaneous projects, all inspiring, entertaining or humorous, plus a lot of things that need to find new homes, preferably unseen. ;)
Confused? Me, too!
Whatever makes the day go easier, inspires us to work harder and reach higher, and brings a smile or a laugh, are the special things in life. Enjoy!