A Few of My Favorite...Christmas Stories (Penny Rader)

Can you believe Christmas is almost here?  I can't.  I need another 2-3 weeks.  However, I do love watching Christmas movies and reading Christmas stories and listening to Christmas music.  Just something magical and affirming about them.

If  I share a few of my faves, will you share yours?


http://amzn.to/TIp8rk



The Holiday with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet, Jude Law and Jack Black.  I laugh and laugh every time I watch this movie.  And Jude Law is so very yummy.  And I want a tent like the one in his house.







http://amzn.to/UWQ46p



While You Were Sleeping with Sandra Bullock and Bill Pullman.  Sigh.  Peter Gallagher's eyes are just so dreamy.  And that "leaning" scene between Sandra & Bill has me leaning every time I see it.








http://bit.ly/Ww6LXn




A Virgin River Christmas by Robyn Carr.  Loved, loved this book.  So much so that I ordered the three prior books in the series...and buy the new additions as they appear.






http://amzn.to/Uei8Uf



A Season for Miracles by Marilyn Pappano.  Wonderful story of an aunt trying to do right by her nieces and nephew...and falling in love in the process.  Also got a kick out of the angelic intervention in the town of Bethlehem.






Leonard Cohan's Hallelujah performed by KD Lang.  The intensity fills me up inside and makes me feel like I'm going to burst.


Okay.  I really have two favorite versions of Hallelujah.  Jon Bon Jovi's version leaves me, well, words fail me. Such passion.  Sigh.



Santa, I'm Right Here by Toby Keith.  The raw emotion gets me every time.


~~~
Okay.  Your turn.  What are your Christmas favorites?

8 comments:

Melissa Robbins said...

Hands down, A Christmas Story! I LOVE that movie. I hated it as a kid, but when I finally saw it as a teenager, I couldn't stop laughing. My husband and I quote the lines all the time.

Penny Rader said...

Melissa, I have never seen that all the way through. Thought I was gonna last year, during on Christmas day at one of my daughters, but then it was turned off while we opened gifts and I missed the last half or so.

Rox Delaney said...

Favorite movie: It's a Wonderful Life. That's quickly followed by The Family Stone, National Lampoon's Christmas, Meet Me in St. Louis (not a Christmas story, exactly, but the source of the song Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas), Miracle on 34th Street, The Santa Clause (all 3 of them), and several Hallmark/Lifetime Christmas movies.

Penny, I was happily surprised by The Holiday. :)

Penny Rader said...

Rox, I have been on a Lifetime Christmas movie spree. Miracle on 34th Street and Christmas Carol are two other faves.

Stephanie Bisby said...

Oh, I adore Hallelujah too. Filmwise, I'm a sucker for animations: my favourites are 'Olive the other reindeer' & 'Arthur Christmas'.

Penny Rader said...

Thanks for joining us, Stephanie! I haven't seen Olive the Other Reindeer yet. Will have to track it fown and watch it with my grandkiddoes. I do remember sering the book when I worked st B Dalton. Cute premise.

Rox Delaney said...

Should I now assume that Olive is the one who used to laugh and call Rudolph names?

Penny Rader said...

LOL! Rox, now I'm going to have to find and read the story.