- Eye to body
- Eye to eye
- Voice to voice
- Hand to hand (or arm)
- Arm to shoulder
- Arm to waist, or back
- Mouth to mouth
- Hand to head
- Hand to body
- Mouth to breast
- Hand to genitals
- Genitals to genitals
Using the 12 Stages of Physical Intimacy to Build Tension In Your Fiction (Jenny Hansen)
12 Steps to Intimacy (Terry O’Dell)
The Twelve Steps of Intimacy (Erica)
The Twelve Stages of Intimacy (Jana Richards)
Let's Get Intimate (Debora Dennis)
- The First Four Stages of Intimacy
- The Middle Four Stages of Intimacy
- The Last Four Stages of Intimacy
Twelve Steps to Real Intimacy
Here are tidbits from a couple more articles I found about intimacy.
This article talks about 3 types of intimacy that don’t involve sex. I've included an example given in the article for each step:
- Being physical without sex. Ex: Take hand holding to a whole new level.
- Having fun together. Ex: Make a date of watching the sky.
- Bonding mentally. Ex: Talk about your bucket lists.
Stages of Intimacy in Marriage (Alexis Aiger)
- Passion and Romance
- Realization and Rebellion
- Distraction and Cooperation
- Reunion and Resurfacing
- Completion and Contentment