What is your value?
The voices of the bullies in my past immediately chime in, "Value? You have no value! You're fat. You're ugly. No one wants to be your friend." Could also be the Catholic in me. You know, thou shalt not, the Seven Deadlies, and all that jazz.
So...I try to shove those voices aside and figure out what my value is.
Still thinking. Could use a Penny version of It’s a Wonderful Life about now to see if anyone’s better off for my having been here. (Surely I'm not the only one who as wondered this.)
Okay. Here are a few:
- My kids. They brighten this world, and their kids in turn.
- I have kept a roof over my family's head for a number of years now.
- I like sharing information with others.
- I can sometimes make people laugh and, hopefully, cheer them up for a bit.
What is your strength?
Aye-yi-yi. This is as nearly as hard as the value question.
- Patience? The ability to wait without fidgeting…much.
- I used to think I could get along with nearly everyone but I’ve been proven wrong. Still, I try.
- I also try to have a positive attitude.
- I can talk your ear off…which can be good if you’re in need of a distraction.
What do you enjoy?
This one’s easy:
- Lazy days off
- Cuddling with babies
What is your passion?
- I love losing myself in stories…movies, books, etc.
- I also want to make a difference. I've been crocheting up a storm the last several years. The feel of the yarn in my hands soothes me; the completed scarves and hats fill me with a sense of accomplishment…I hope they find their way to someone in need of their warmth and comfort.
What is your weakness?
Another easy question. Shouldn't that be plural?
In no particular order:
- Procrastination – I am a pro at this.
- Getting words on the page – I am not a pro at this.
- Fear...of falling flat on my face ...of the words not coming ...of characters not talking to each other, let alone me; fear of failing my kids, my family, my friends, my bosses.
- I rarely (as in almost never) cook anymore.
- I am an exceptionally bad housekeeper.
- Laziness...lack of energy...just flat out not feeling 'good' for more years than I can count.
- People pleaser – hate, hate, hate conflict. Want everyone happy and in harmony.
- In a crisis, all the energy leaves my body and I feel an overwhelming need for a nap. Or a dark hole somewhere. Maybe even a nap in the dark hole.
- Consistently inconsistent. This post is a perfect example.
- Did I mention I can talk your ear off?
Oh, do you hear her? Violet, the Dowager Countess on Downton Abbey just said, “Stop whining…” So I shall.
How about you? Can you answer Pat’s questions? I’d love to learn more about you.