Some ME Time

If you could spend a week anywhere in the world, where would it be? Would you write or read there, or do something else?
 That is a tough question for me.  As a small town, Kansas born and bred kind of gal, I haven't traveled much at all.  There is a huge world out there beckoning with so many places to go and things to see and do.

I have to admit I've never really wanted to travel the world.  Getting a passport and going through all the stress of that sort of traveling has it's rewards to be sure.  Scotland, Ireland, Australia... I could go on and on.  All of those places would be amazing to see.  Those far away places do tempt me, but I rather like the idea of keeping my feet in the USA and seeing all the amazing and beautiful places this country has to offer.

 The first place that pops into my mind when I think about getting away to somewhere is Chicago.  I have friends there that I've never actually met and I'd love to spend some time with them as well as see some of that part of the country.  I'm pretty sure there would be no reading or writing going on.  There would be research though.  Seeing new things and getting ideas for future stories would be on the agenda.


Another place that would come very close to beating out my hope of seeing Chicago, is my dream to some day stay in a private and very secluded beach house.  Relaxation and 'me' time would be the only goal there.  Relaxing on a deck that overlooked a great view of a sandy beach.  Waves lapping against perfect, smooth sand... a gentle breeze.  Me, a notepad, a tall glass of something cool to drink and a comfy place to just relax and enjoy the view.

If I could go anywhere in the world my own private beach house would be it.  You're all invited but you have to bring something along that will make our stay even more fun.  Anyone wanna join me?

8 comments:

Joanie said...

Good post! I can already feel the sun warming my back and the white sand under my bare feet.

Joanue

Rox Delaney said...

Count me in, Tammy! I'd love to be anywhere near the water. I'm sure that comes from living in landlocked KS my entire life. LOL But I find being near water soothing. And I'm astrologically an air sign, so weird, weird, weird.

Anonymous said...

Glad to have the company ladies! Was starting to think I was going to have the whole house all to myself. Bring your laptops and we'll get some writing done while we're there! :-)

Joan Vincent said...

That beach photo is so enticing! I'll bring some wine so we can relax and the words will flow.

Reese Mobley said...

Count me in!

Joanie said...

I've nominated the Bits & Bytes blog for the Liebster Award. The Liebster is a pay-it-forward kind of award, which means all of you absolutely qualify! Now that the blog has received the award, your group can nominate others for the award--up to five blogs with less than 200 followers. Let the nominees know they’ve won by leaving a comment on one of their posts.
Add the Liebster image to your blog (you can cut and paste it from http://londoneats.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/liebster-award) so all your readers know that you are generally awesome
Congrats!

Joan Rhine
http://leftbrainedwritebrained.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Tammy,
I've always dreamed of reading and now writing in exotic locations. That's my idea of perfect.

Pat Davids said...

Tammy, I'm late posting but can I come, too? The beach photo reminds me of Cancun. Just remember to take your sunblock, ladies.