Places to Go, Peeps to See (Penny Rader)

http://bit.ly/M5qKXW 

If you could spend a week anywhere in the world, where would it be? Would you write or read there, or do something else?

There are many places I’d like to visit before I die (Montana, Wyoming, the Pacific Northwest, the Carolinas, Tennessee, New England, Scotland, Ireland, Canada (Wheel of Fortune gives away a trip to the Canadian Rockies that looks so awesome).  For years I’ve longed to take a long cruise to Alaska (though it’d probably turn out that I’m sea sick).  I’d love to take a girls’ road trip with my mom and sisters to visit our aunt and cousins in Arizona.  All I lack are the resources and energy. (I'm in dire need of some energy.)  I am hoping my middle sister will be able to join my mom and me when we visit my baby sister in Colorado for a few days next month.

http://bit.ly/JakcFP 
But…right this minute… if I had the resources, I’d love a week all by myself in a lovely, roomy inn with delicious room service and wonderful views.  I’d read and sleep and nibble and watch movies to my heart's content and then read and watch movies and sleep and nibble some more. And maybe check in with my characters and see if they're speaking to me yet.  If not, I'd do some writing exercises and find inspiration from pictures I've clipped or pinned (love Pinterest!)  But mostly, I'd refill my well by reading and sleeping and nibbling and watching movies.    

~~~

So...if you could go anywhere, where would you go, who would you see, what you do there?

15 comments:

Pat Davids said...

Ah, Penny, I love the picture you chose. It looks so relaxing and inviting.

I've been on an Alaskan cruise. Save all your pennies, rent out some of your children and go. It's worth it, believe me.

Reese Mobley said...

Your ideal week sounds like heaven. I hope you get your wish some day.

Penny Rader said...

I hope so, too, Pat! I've been getting brochures for Alaskan cruises. There are a lot of choices. Made my head swim. :D

Penny Rader said...

Me, too, Reese! :D Gosh, an ideal month or summer would rock, too.

Bonnie Tharp said...

Anywhere quiet so I could write, read and sleep. I like the photo, too. Looks like a nice place to be. Good post, Penny.

Joanie said...

Wonderful post, and I love these pictures, Penny. I could walk right into these relaxing visuals. And relaxing is the key for me, which is why my number one place on my list is the area in Italy around Lake Como. But that Alaskan cruise sounds like a good idea too (good comment, Pat).

Joanie

Penny Rader said...

Thanks, Bonnie! Peace, quiet, books, a nap or three. Ahhhhhhhhhh. I could really for a nap right now.

Penny Rader said...

Hi Joanie! So glad you like the pictures. I like to relax on vacation and have lots of time to read and sleep. If I'm going to be running around all over the place I need to bookend the trip with lots of rest. I'm embarrassed to admit that traveling wears me out. Flying sucks the energy right out of me. But I'd sure like to see some new places.

Katherine said...

Wow. This is a hard question. I'm like you in that I have a list of places I'd like to visit some day. I guess if I had to pick a place, I'd like a well stocked cottage in Maine in the middle of winter so I would have a good excuse to do nothing but read.

Tanya Hanson said...

HI Penny, what lovely pictures! I think I'd go back to London and its environs. There is so much to see and do. Then again...for pure relaxation, maybe those bungalows in stilts in Bora Bora!

I might read, sight-see. Get a massage for sure!

Nancy Jardine Author said...

I want to be very greedy and say I'd love to visit all the main cities in Europe that I've never visited yet. First up would be Rome. I've been to other places in Italy,, but not the capital. A fabulous old world hotel would have to be a part the package too, and a personal tour guide to take me around, at which point I'd whip out the 'tape recorder' and make sure I missed none of the details. Evenings, I'd ideally spend writing up my thoughts for the day. A great glass of red wine would go down a treat too!

Penny Rader said...

Thanks for visiting, Katherine! I'd love to visit Maine in the fall. I heard it's gorgeous that time of year. Fall is my fave season. Love the pretty colors and the cooler weather.

Penny Rader said...

Nancy, your trip to Italy sounds perfectly splendid. Hope it comes true for you.

Penny Rader said...

Hi Tanya! I haven't been to Europe. Is there anything particular about London that appeals to you? Bora Bora sounds quite exotic. Hope you're able to have both experiences. :D

Joan Vincent said...

Happy sailing to Alaska (you never know, it could happen) and I'll cross my fingers that you get your week to yourself. What you describe sounds fantastic!